Here are 5 of the best and worst digital marketing strategies of 2022…
- Email marketing. One of the main benefits of email marketing is that it has the highest ROI (return on investment) of all forms of marketing, averaging about $42 in return for every $1 spent. It is a cost-effective solution that allows you to personally reach out to your target audience in a place they most likely visit every day. It’s an easy way to personalize and segment your audiences, messages, promotions and more.
Here are some tips for launching successful email marketing campaigns:
- Make your subject line catchy, engaging and concise
- Avoid jargon in the body of the email. Use plain and persuasive language
- Optimize emails for mobile devices
- Use bullets points to direct readers to the most important points you want to make in your message
- Social media marketing. According to a Social Media Examiner’s report, 90% of marketers admit that social media is important to the success of their business marketing plans. And 89% of marketers believe their social media campaigns increase exposure for their company. But it takes more than just creating accounts and logging on once in a while. You need to make sure you are creating high-quality content and engaging with your audience. Our team at PSC can create a content plan for you as well as post and engage with your followers.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO).Just because you have a website online doesn’t mean visitors will find you. In fact, you have to work to keep up with the competition and to make sure you are ranked high in search engine results. This means staying consistent with SEO…utilizing keywords in your website text, keeping an updated blog, creating backlinks and more. SEO will increase traffic to your website and build trust among those searching for you (or a business like you). Being ranked high on Google gives the impression you are reputable.
Check out our Beginner Guide to SEO to learn more about how to increase your visibility, relevancy and website ranking.
- Creating relevant content. Creating content for all of your digital channels that is relevant to your target audience is key to your campaigns. You need to create content that is credible, accurate, compelling and easy to read across all of your email campaigns, websites, landing pages, ads and more. The voice you use across all of these should be consistent as well. Need a content writer? We have several on our team that can help!
- making improvements. All of the steps listed above are pointless if you’re not measuring the analytics of each of them and making necessary adjustments and changes to make your campaigns more successful. There are plenty of free tools available to help you do this. But you should always be able to measure your ROI.